iPad Apps Replace Bulky Aircraft Manuals | Military
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Aircraft crews at Robins AFB have figured out how modern technology can literally lighten their loads.
Air crews for the C-5, C-17 and C-130 are now using iPads at Robins instead of bulky manuals, charts and other reference material to help pilot and maintain aircraft, a news release says.
"Aircrews regularly take laptops onto aircraft to run applications such as Weight and Balance and Take Off and Land Data," said Rob Frisch, the 578th's program manager for App development. "We are now converting these for use on the iPad."
"The 402nd Software Maintenance Group wants to take a lead role as tablet-based technology rolls out to our Airman and as new technologies become available for the warfighter," said Wayne Osborn, director of the SMXG - the 578th's parent organization.
Upcoming Events near Robins
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trash Making Money, Power
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.